LET'S FIND A FOREVER HOME FOR CHLOE
Now accepting applications anywhere within the United States!
Chloe is a miracle kitten. She's the sweetest, happiest little cat on earth...and she has no idea that she's any different than the rest. Chloe has rear leg paralysis, which means she is unable to walk on all fours. Her condition is stable and improving slowly, but she will very likely have ongoing mobility issues throughout her life. Chloe has hundreds of thousands of fans rooting her on, and she's seeking a loving home that can provide her with the lifelong care she will needs. You can watch Chloe's rescue video HERE.
Chloe likes kisses on the face, her stuffed alpaca, her mouse toy, kneading soft blankets, cuddling in bed, playing with other kittens/cats, climbing, and running around (with her front legs, like a land seal!) Chloe is an affectionate, grateful little kitten who truly loves life.
Chloe needs an adopter who can provide her with committed, specialized care which may change over the course of her life. She is looking for a loyal, stable family who can adapt to her needs and be there for her no matter what. Chloe's special needs currently include:
- Bladder support: Chloe requires assistance 3-4 times a day in order to help her pee. This is non-negotiable. Chloe can pee partially via stimulation with a tissue (rubbing her genitals until she urinates), but she also requires manual expression to fully relieve her bladder. This is a skill that must be carefully learned but is simple to do once experienced.
- Physical therapy: Chloe benefits greatly from PT at home, which includes bicycling her legs, and helping her practice sitting and standing. At her young age, she needs an adopter who will prioritize helping her legs gain as much muscle and movement capacity as possible.
- Veterinary support: Chloe is still growing and thus still has lots of room to improve. She will need an adopter who is eager to continue her care and exploration of treatments. Her current care includes weekly acupuncture appointments and occasional trips to the neurologist. Chloe takes only one medication currently, which is a drug to help her bladder relax. In the future her medical needs may change and she needs an adopter who can adapt to her needs, can bring her to the vet, and can afford the expense involved in caring for a special needs pet.
- Home adaptation: Chloe needs an adopter who can help make their home safe for her. This may mean adapting certain things to meet her needs, such as putting up baby gates to keep her away from large staircases, or purchasing various protective or supportive items for the house.
- Individual attention: Chloe needs an adopter who can give her individual attention. Her ideal adopter will be someone who spends a good amount of time at home, and lives in a non-chaotic household. Chloe adores other cats, but households with more than 2-3 other cats will not be ideal for Chloe as she requires lots of individual attention.
- Commitment: As with all kittens, Chloe will need an adopter who is committed to providing lifetime care and unconditional love.
Interested in adoption?
Chloe is heart-meltingly adorable and an absolute joy to share a home and a life with. If you think you might be a good fit for Chloe, we'd love to hear from you! However, if you are not able to meet the needs listed above, we ask that you please not apply. Chloe has very specific needs and will be adopted only into a home that is appropriate for her. If you think that might be you, please express your interest via the application below.
Please note that due to Chloe's very special needs, we are opening up adoption to the entire United States. Applicants must be willing and able to travel to the Washington DC area for adoption.
Thank you for your interest in Chloe. Please note that depending on the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every inquiry. We truly thank you for wanting to give a chance to our favorite little girl.